Luffa Sponge Seeds - Luffa Gourd Seeds (20+ seeds)
LUFFA SPONGE SEEDS - LUFFA GOURD SEEDS (20+ Seeds)
Luffa seeds, yes they are real :) Did you know that you can grow your own Luffa (aka Loofa) sponges?? It's as easy as putting a seed in the ground (well, almost). Luffa gourds have been used for centuries for both eating (they can be eaten when 4-8 inches long) and as scrubbers when they are mature (they require 100+ days to harvest to maturity).
Luffa Gourd seeds can be sown indoors 2-4 weeks before the last frost, and transplanted after four weeks. When sowing outside after danger of frost, plant the Luffa Gourd seeds one inch deep in moist soil, six feet between seeds. While growing, be sure not to overwater, as doing so can cause rot and mildew to spread throughout the vine. When the gourds are ready to be harvested, the stems will turn yellow and can be cut off the vine.
- Luffa Sponges are grown from these Luffa Gourd Seeds
- Luffa gourds are edible when small (4-8 inches)
- Luffa Sponges are the Mature Gourd after it is harvested and cleaned
- Each pack of seeds includes 20+ Luffa Sponge Seeds
- Our Luffa Seeds are USA Grown
We Also Recommend
English Lavender Seeds (600 Seeds) - "Lavandula Angustifolia" True Vera Lavender